Our ELSA is Mrs Fell
What is an ELSA?
ELSAs are Emotional Literacy Support Assistants working in schools.
* help children recognise, understand and manage emotions
* Support children with an emotional difficulty, improving relationships or understanding challenging situations
* plan and deliver individual (and small group) support programmes
* receive training and supervision from Educational Psychologists.
How can an ELSA help my child?
* Emotional literacy in school / recognising emotions / anxiety/ separation anxiety /developing coping strategies
* Self-esteem / active listening and communication skills
* Anger management
* Social skills / development of social stories
* Friendship skills / writing therapeutic stories
* Loss and bereavement
What are the benefits of working with an ELSA?
Through the ELSA intervention we want to equip children with the life long skills and tools that will ultimately help to enable them to be mentally healthy and resilient young people.
Developing children’s ability to manage their emotions more effectively reduces their stress levels.
Children learn more effectively when they feel OK. This feeling of OK comes from being able to recognise and express how they are feeling and draw on tools/coping strategies to help regulate their emotions
Helping children feel happy and calm at school and beyond